Furnace Maintenance, Repair, and Installation
Nobody likes to suffer through a cold night of winter without a properly working furnace. An efficient furnace is essential to maintain a comfortable living, especially during winter. If you want your furnace to work correctly, you need to take care of its proper maintenance. Most people want their furnace to have a long life, and therefore they prefer getting maintenance services from professional experts like us.
Our experts provide good maintenance services at Five Star Heating & Cooling, including a thorough inspection and tune-up of your system. This maintenance process will not only increase the efficiency of your system but will also help you in saving the repair cost.
Furnace Maintenance Checklist
A furnace is an expensive investment that you make in your home, and you want it to have a long life. Therefore, you should keep your furnace tuned up for the season to save on the repair and replacing cost.
Some specific tasks, other than cleaning, lubricating, testing, and checking in furnace maintenance are:
- Inspection of the grills and vents through which air passes
- Removing the blockage in the vents
- Checking signs of damage or corrosion in the heat exchanger
- Checking the blower motor
- Inspection of electric connections and replacement of damaged wires
- Checking the flame sensor and burner
- Inspecting the damage signs on the belts
- Inspection of thermostat
- Lubrication of all moving parts of the system
- Inspection of air filters and their replacement if required
- Testing systems safety control
Moreover, if your heating system has an oil or gas furnace, the maintenance checklist will also include:
- Fuel line examination
- Testing of the gas pressure
- Inspection of thermocouple
At Five Star Heating & Cooling, our team of experts provide you all these services and advise the homeowners to maintain their furnaces annually, as an annual cleanup will help them in making their indoor air quality better. Moreover, we recommend you to have it cleaned before the start of the winter season so that your home’s air stays clean from the dirt, debris, and other allergens present in the furnace.
Repair or Replace a Furnace?
A furnace can work efficiently for years if you keep it with care and provide proper maintenance. However, manufacturers recommend replacing them every 10 to 15 years as new furnaces are more reliable and energy-efficient than the old ones.
When your furnace has become old or requires repair, you need to know the right time to replace it. Five Star Heating & Cooling helps you save the repair cost and prevents unnecessary stress by handling the situation wisely. We guide you when to buy a new furnace and when only repairing will be enough for your furnace.
- The first element is age as an average furnace works efficiently and lasts for about 10-15 years, and after that, it needs to be replaced.
- The second thing is safety, as faulty heating systems might release carbon monoxide, a colorless and odorless gas. So to be aware of carbon monoxide poisoning, you should keep a carbon monoxide detector near the furnace.
- The third thing is repair cost as an old furnace will require more maintenance, and the homeowner needs to know that the repair cost might be more than buying a new furnace.
- Moreover, a new furnace is always energy-efficient and reduces electricity consumption, resulting in decreased power bills.
Hire Five Star Heating & Cooling.
At Five Star Heating & Cooling, we not only repair and maintain the furnace but provide a full suite of furnace services designed so that you can stay warm in the winter season.
Our Services Include:
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace inspection
- Furnace Installation
We also offer annual maintenance plans so that our customers stay warm in the cold weather. If you need quality repair or installation services, let us ensure the comfort of your home all winter long. To schedule a furnace tune-up, feel free to call us at +1 (416) 716-4386